- West 725 - the village in installing curbs, sidewalks and catch basins on the south side our Route 725. For now, residents can expect the side lane will be closed with flaggers occasionally and beginning Aug 30th, closed completely for approx. 30 days (from Sugar Valley to the top of the hill only - travels can use Hendricks to get around the closure).
- Construction has commenced on the new Splash Pad in the Tyler's-Ville Community Park on N. Main Street. The Splash Pad will have several water features and will be a wonderful addition to the park.
In addition to the Splash Pad, the Park will now be handicap accessible thanks to the new concrete sidewalks being installed rom the entry to the park to each of the main attractions and shelter.
- The Preble Shawnee School Board approved the installation of a lane/driveway behind the school/ball field and east of the building. This new lane will help to manage the traffic and significantly improve the back-up issues we are experiencing during school drop off/pick up times.
- The village is also installing electric in the Shank Park on the corner of Lafayette & Bloomfield. The village has some cool future plans for the park but most important right now, electric will be ready for use for this year's Black Walnut Festival.
Camden Comeback, the organizers of the Festival, are planning to have their Entertainment Tent and Beer Garden in the park, with additional seating for festival goers to eat the great food...and some fun things for the entire family in the gazebo (balloon artists, caricature drawings, face painting and more - all free).
- The Village has as repaired the parking lot behind the Town Hall, re-lined parking, adding fencing and a barn mural and planted and trees. A much-needed upgrade and improvement to the parking area.
Construction is Happening!
The Village Council works diligently to improve out town. Whether it's paving the streets and alleys, replacing curbs and sidewalks, constructing the beautiful courtyard beside the Town Hall, or any of a number of projects going on, our town just keeps getting better.
Here are some current construction and village improvement projects going on:
Things are moving and shaking in our little town...and it's just the beginning.