Camden Mayor's Court
56 North Main Street (mailing address is: P.O. Box 1)
Camden, OH, 45311
Phone: (937) 452-2001
Hours: 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
(Please note fines can be also be paid between 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. via the water department office)
Mayor's Court Dates: Mayor's Court is held the first and third Thursday of every month at 4:30 p.m. in the Village Council Chambers in the Town Hall.
Clerk of Courts for Mayor's Court: Nancy Melton
Types of cases handled in Mayor's Court: Misdemeanor ordinance violations and traffic infractions issued by Camden Police Department.
Duties of Clerk of Courts:
- To record and maintain records for all violations and infractions
- Attend Mayor's Court
- Receive and record all payments for violations and infractions
- Collect past or overdue payments from violators
- Covers the office of village's Fiscal Officer (including accepting water bill payments) during lunches and as necessary.
- Works with county and state officers/offices for collection enforcement
Penalties and steps for Collection of overdue payments:
- Forfeiture of license and a vehicle registration block
- Submission of overdue payment to Ohio Attorney General's Office for collection enforcement via tax refund garnishment, etc.