Trash collection service is provided for all Camden’s residents and businesses, and is billed as part of the resident’s/business’s monthly Water/Trash/Sewer bill.
What you need to know about Camden Trash Service
Camden contracts with Rumpke Waste & Recycling for trash service and together we are proud to keep Camden streets clean and green with weekly automated trash collection.
When placing your trash at the curb, please keep these guidelines in mind:
- Please place your items curbside the night before your scheduled collection.
- All trash must be completely inside your Rumpke trash cart.
- Help prevent injuries to our drivers. Please place medical sharps or needles in a hard plastic container (such as a plastic bottle), reattach lid, tape shut and label it “SHARPS” with a permanent marker.
Need a second trash cart? You may lease an additional 95-gallon Rumpke trash cart for $4.50/month. Please call Rumpke to order one.
Need a couch, mattress or large item removed? Rumpke provides collection of up to three bulk items on the second Tuesday of each month, at no additional charge to the customer. Please prepare materials correctly to ensure timely service.
Bulk items may include: furniture, appliances, mattresses, etc. Please note:
- All upholstered items (couches/chairs, mattresses, etc.) must be wrapped in plastic to be picked up.
- For items that contain CFC, such as freezers, refrigerators and air conditioners, the CFC must be removed before it can be picked up for collection.
- Prohibited items – According to Federal Laws, Rumpke cannot collect the following items:
- Liquids (paint or oil)
- Hazardous materials
- Constructions materials (drywall, bricks, dirt, rocks, etc.)
- Items that contain CFC, such as freezers, refrigerators and air conditioners, the CFC must be removed before collection.