Camden is proud to have a full-time police force. Headed by Chief Matt Spurlock, our Camden Police Officers keep our village safe, provide protection and assistance to Camden citizens and are an important part of and partner in our community.
Currently, Camden has four full-time officers, 5 part-time officers and one full-time K-9 "deputy." In addition, there is one school resource officer assigned to and who provides service to the Camden Primary School.
Contact info for the Camden Police Department:
- Firearms training (state required 1 training annual, our officers do 4!)
- Active Shooter Training
- Drug Enforcement Training
- Crime Scene/Forensic Evidence Training
- Crime Scene Simulation Training
- K-9 Regular and Advanced Training
Camden's Police Department are also wonderful partners in our community. Examples include:
- For the past three years, the department has partnered with the village administrative offices, water department, street and maintenance to collect & raise money to deliver Christmas hams to Camden-area families and stockings for children in our community in December.
- Performing a Mock Lock Down Training Activity with staff at the Camden Primary School.
- Camden's Police Department recently hosted its first annual Citizens Police Academy (CPA). The training and informative class was hosted at the Camden Police Department and was instructed by Detective Jeremiah Morgan. “This a great thing for Camden Police Department and the Citizens of Camden because it tears down the wall and gives the citizens of Camden a small sample of what we do on a daily basis. However, the most important thing is that it builds a community relationship between the Police Department and Citizens and that in itself is invaluable. We hope to grow this event each year,” Detective Morgan said. The department plans for this to be an annual event with the next Citizens Academy planned for summer, 2020.