You will find links to particular codes and ordinances passed by Camden's Village Council and that are in effect for the village and citizens in our community at the American Legal Publishing’s online library. American Legal Publishing is a national organization that publishing the ordinance libraries of cities and towns across the country.
Residents and others can now look up and review many of Camden’s ordinances online. Many have already been uploaded and others will be added soon. If you do not find the ordinance you are looking for, please stop by the Village office or contact the Village at 937-452-7547.
Link to the online ordinances: https://codelibrary.amlegal.com/codes/camdenoh/latest/overview
Below is an explanation of the difference between resolutions, ordinance and codes:
- Resolutions - Actions or policy matters taken by the Council that are meant to be temporary and can be deleted or changed. A resolution executes a law already in place.
- Ordinances - Ordinance are legally binding laws or regulations, or legislation intended to have a permanent and general effect. Ordinances can be repealed but it is a complicated and lengthy process.
- Codes - Details based on ordinance and resolutions and are all based on the basic codes and requirements of the Ohio Revised Code (ORC).
Links to commonly REQUESTED CODES & DOCUMENTS
RECENTLY APPROVED ORDINANCES AND RESOLUTIONS
- Ord 1036-2022 - Creation of N. Main Street TIF
- Ord 1038 2022 - Creation of CRA for Ohio Slitting and Storage Expansion
- Ord 1039-2022 - Creation of TIF for Ohio Slitting and Storage Expansion
- Ord 1042-2022 - Refinance of Town Hall Phase I Bonds
- ORD 1034-2022 - Establishing the Tax Increment Financing (TIF)
- ORD 1033-2022 - Ordinance to Create the Village of Camden Tax Incentive Review council
- ORD 1035-2022 - Ordinance establishing the Village of Camden Planning Commission
- Res 2059-2023 - Cooperative Agreement for Planning of Water Meter Replacement
- Res 2044-2022 - Real Estate Option Agreement for 46 S. Main Street Property
- RES 2041-2022 - Resolution electing the listed individuals to the Planning Commission Board
- Res 2054-2022 - Resolutions Accepting Amounts and Rates as Determined by the Budget Commission and Authorizing the Necessary Tax Levies and Certifying Them to the County Auditor
- Resolution 2058-2022 - Resolutions to raise water and sewer rates beginning January 1, 2023